The Air Scrubber Plus® is an indoor air purification system that can remove 99.9% of airborne contaminants in 24 hours. But in just 30 minutes, it can remove 90% of indoor air pollutants, making it much more effective than standard HVAC air filtration systems. Occupants of residential and commercial properties can benefit. But how is the Air Scrubber Plus® so effective? We’ll explain what it is, the technology behind it, and how it works.
What Is an Air Scrubber?
A typical air filter traps particles and impurities in the air passing through it. However, an air scrubber works by destroying free-floating particles in the air using a chemical reaction. The concept was first used to remove gases in industrial and manufacturing facilities. However, office, restaurant, and hotel owners have used the technology in recent years to improve indoor air quality. Air scrubbers are also used in cleanroom environments and during mold abatement projects.
How Does the Air Scrubber Plus® Purify the Air?
Mounted inside HVAC ductwork, the system works by creating a reaction that converts oxygen and humidity into oxidizers. The process goes beyond air scrubbing that uses chemicals. Once the oxidizers are released, they effectively destroy microorganisms, chemicals, mold, and various other contaminants in the air and on countertops, doorknobs, and floors. This ActivePure™ technology is a variation of the air cleaning technology developed for the International Space Station!
The Air Scrubber Plus® also uses ultraviolet (UV) light to destroy microorganisms by breaking down their chemical bonds. It is completely safe and can remove:
- Dust and particulates
- Organic contaminants
- Pet dander
- Volatile organic compounds
- Cigarette smoke
Benefits of the Air Scrubber Plus®
Combining catalytic air filtration with UV light, the system offers benefits including:
- Reduced Allergies, Bacteria, and Viruses: The Air Scrubber Plus® actively destroys organic contaminants. By eliminating pollen, mold, dust, and other pollutants, it can help provide relief from allergies. It can also reduce exposure to various illness-causing bacteria and viruses.
- Cleaner Surfaces: By removing dust and particulates, the system prevents these from building up on surfaces in your home. You’ll spend less time dusting, mopping, and vacuuming. Just turning on your HVAC system is enough to keep dust from floating and accumulating.
- Odor Removal: This innovative system can remove odors from smoke, chemicals, and cooking. Even foul odors caused by bacteria can be eliminated, leaving your home smelling fresher.
- Energy Efficiency: Dust particles, dirt, mold, and other contaminants can get inside and collect in air ducts and HVAC components, reducing efficiency. Removing these allows your heating and cooling system to run more smoothly. Meanwhile, the Air Scrubber Plus® uses less power than a 60-watt light bulb, so it will not increase your electric bill.
Monarch Home Services Installs the Air Scrubber Plus®
Our NATE- and EPA-certified technicians can install the Air Scrubber Plus® in your Bakersfield, Fresno, or Visalia home to help you breathe easier. It can provide benefits to your health, comfort, and the efficiency of your HVAC system. If you have any questions about this advanced technology and would like to learn more about how it can benefit your household, call (661) 215-6737 today.